Autumn (27 Jan – 30 Jun) 2017 Season
Central have to advise MSAC of our definite court requirements before January 1st, 2017 – so you MUST advise us if you want to play before December 1st, 2016 – If you are a current team member check with your fellow team members and then let us know. If you are not in a team you can advise us if want to play. Please indicate the level you believe you should play.
Singles will be on Mondays (A/B level) and Thursday (C level). Doubles will be on Tuesdays (C level) and Wednesday (A/B level).
Contact Gary – firstname.lastname@example.org
Team based tournament
It has been suggested that CBA should consider running a team based tournament – 5 matches per tie MS, MD, WS, WD, and XD – 6 teams max per grade and 5 ties in a weekend. Minimum 2M 2W, Maximum 4M 4W, per team. Possible Venue MSAC. – Would you be interested?
Spring 2016 Competition
There are only a handful of matches left before the finals – and competition as to just what teams will play off is very intense.
- Monday Singles competition – 6 team competition
- 3 Matches to play and one team is sure to play in the finals and another will definitely miss out
- Any of the other 4 teams can fill the 2 remaining positions to play in the final series
- Doubles – 2 pools of 4 with top 2 in each pool to play in a final – 4 matches left to play
- Tuesday Doubles (B grade)
- This is the only grade where the 2 teams currently leading on the ladder will most likely remain on top and play in the final
- Wednesday Doubles (A Grade)
- 3 of the 4 teams are in a battle to find out just who will play in the final
- Tuesday Doubles (B grade)
- Thursday Singles – 7 team competition – 3 matches left
- 3 teams have 2 matches to play and 4 teams have 3 matches to play
- The only team that cannot make the final 4 and play in the finals is the bottom team (7th position)
Match Regulations, Singles and doubles scoresheets can be downloaded
Join the Committee
Central Badminton Association is run by a committee of 5 people who believe that there must be some younger people actively playing badminton who would be willing to help CBA remain the great competition it currently is.
We need new blood — we need persons with a vision of the future — we need people prepared to put ideas into action — and we need those who have been prepared to critique us to join us and point us in the right direction. It’s not all that hard — a committee person would need to attend an evening committee meeting about once every 6 weeks — and be able to assist at the annual tournament.
If you would be interested in being part of the committee please contact John Weisheit (President).
We also need someone prepared to learn how to operate the League Planner software (used for the nightly competition) as the current Match Secretary would be interested in handing the task over to a younger person.
There is also a need for someone to learn the role of the CBA Tournament Director — involves the use of the Tournament Planner Software. This role involves a lot of time for about 6 weeks before the tournament — attendance at the tournament — and for about a week after the tournament.
If you would be interested in either of these roles — contact Gary Grierson – he can give you more information — whilst it is preferable you be on the committee it is not essential.
BV Annual Registration Fee
At a CBA committee meeting held during the first half of October 2016, CBA decided that in 2017 it would recoup the annual registration fee payable to Badminton Victoria by charging the following amounts.
- Competition and tournament players registered through CBA – $40.00
- Players playing Veterans badminton only – $25.00
- Parabadminton players and non-playing officials -$25,00
We believe all players — social or competition should consider this — as even at $40.00 is a very cheap injury insurance policy.
Don’t like scoring – have an iPhone or maybe just a smartphone – no worries check out the info on ‘apps for scoring’ — found on the Competition page.
We’ve got a Facebook page
The site manager may remove any postings considered inappropriate.
Player Injury News
If you are a team member and injured playing or training for competition badminton you may be entitled to claim under the Personal Accident policy that covers all players registered with Badminton Victoria –
If you sustain an injury – no matter how minor it may seem – we suggest you register a “possible claim” as soon as possible after it occurs. If you do not need to claim – advise that you are not proceeding further — if you need to proceed further – advise this and, as the claim is already registered, it will be activated.
Check out the detailed information shown on the Competition page.
And if you are a social player please seriously consider asking your club if you can become a registered BV Member – it is very easy to get an injury that could cost you much more than the $40.00 annual BV registration.